It has been officially confirmed! Deathstroke will be part of the upcoming Batman solo movie (confirmed by Ben Affleck) and also, as teased by Zack Snyder, we might also see a little bit of him in Justice League.
But wait… Do you know who your villain is?
Created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez, Deathstroke, first appeared in “The New Teen Titans” Vol.1 #2 in 1980. Not to be confused with Deadpool or Deadshot, Deathstroke is a master assassin and a mercenary in the DC Comicverse. Deathstroke is the codename of Slade Joseph Wilson.
Enlisted at an early age of 16 by the US Army, Slade Wilson, learned fighting techniques under Captain Adeline Kane, whom he later married. Wilson was a quick learner and mastered every fighting form. Chosen for a secret meta-human experiment by the army, his physical powers and mental strength were enhanced. He later defied orders and soon became a mercenary, a gun for hire. He wears a patch after getting shot at his right eye and the half black- half orange mask reminds one of Two-Face, another villain from the world of Batman.
- Enhanced physical prowess – Superhuman Senses, Superhuman Speed, Superhuman Stamina and Superhuman Strength
- Enhanced Intellect – Multilingual, Most Efficient Tactician and Military Leader
- Accelerated Healing and Toxic Immunity
- Master Swordsman
- Martial Arts – Boxing, Karate, Jujitsu and Ninjutsu
- Firearms and Demolition Expert
- Combat Strategist
- Dual Katanas Swords
- Energy Staff
- Firearms – Assault and Sniper Rifles, Pistols
- His suit’s armour is made up of composite Nth metal, which is stronger than Titanium.
Appearances and Associations:
- Arch enemy to Teen Titans
- Appears opposite Green Arrow
- Works With Talia Al Ghul Against Batman
Joe Manganiello of “True Blood” fame will be playing the role of Deathstroke in the upcoming movies.